Job Posting - Community Engagement Coordinator
Posted on Jan. 17, 2022
2.5 Year Term Position (0.8 FTE)
Competitive compensation and benefits
Position based in Aklavik, NWT (David Buck Storr Building)
Closing date: September 11, 2022
Are you passionate about the land and love to be involved in the community?
The Wildlife Management Advisory Council (North Slope) is seeking a qualified individual to join our small and
highly collaborative team, in the role of Community Engagement Coordinator. The Community Engagement
Coordinator is responsible for developing and managing programs and projects. This is a 2.5-year term
(between 24- 30 hours per week) position. Our organization is committed to an inclusive, people-centered
workplace and to upholding the principles of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement, including conserving and
protecting wildlife, habitat and traditional Inuvialuit Use throughout the Yukon North Slope. For more
information on the Council and its mandate, visit www.wmacns.ca.
Interested persons are invited to submit a resume with a cover letter clearly indicating how they meet the
following essential qualifications:
- Current or prior experience working and/or living in the community of Aklavik, NWT;
- Experience working with Inuvialuit and/or Gwich’in communities and organizations or other
- Indigenous organizations and Governments;
- Experience developing educational and communication tools and content for a variety of
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including engaged listening;
- Comfortable talking to others and presenting in groups;
- Experience organizing meetings and events;
- Able to build respectful and collaborative relationships with others;
- Interested in learning more about conservation work.
Who can apply: Persons eligible to work in Canada. Preference will be given to persons who are beneficiaries
of the IFA Agreement. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
Candidates who meet the required qualifications will be invited to participate in a written assessment,
interview and reference process. During that process additional qualifications and skills will be assessed.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: APPLICATION: WMAC COMMUNITY
For more information, and a copy of the job description and statement of qualifications, please contact Lee
Vincent, Human Resources Consultant to WMAC (NS) (867-332-1604 or email@example.com).